Event Timing: Fri 3rd – Sun 5th May 2024
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE COMPLETE BY 18 February 2024
The festival this year will be celebrating its 25th anniversary and as such there will be extra focus on the history of the festival and the area, with a dedicated opening event and additional promo planned for the celebration.
The festival will draw thousands of patrons in across a single weekend, with an extended program on offer to include the Friday as well as the usual Saturday and Sunday.
The 2024 festival will follow a similar format to previous years and will additionally include:
- Opening Event for sponsors and ticketed public (Venue TBA)
- BHF promo market stall at all chamber run market events 6-8 weeks prior
- Dates across three days (Friday optional) for venues who wish to extend their program
- Additional promotion of BHF specials for cellar door / retail sales
- Elevated PR and marketing campaign with extended lead time
- Visitor Reporting
Participating venues are asked to curate an experience for visiting patrons which we can then promote as part of the festival. Experiences should ideally be something different to what is offered on a “normal weekend”. These can be either ticketed or “walk-in” experiences and we encourage you to collaborate with other local businesses. Should you need assistance with an event concept for your venue, contacts for attractions or food providers or just have a general question, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The same PR consultant has been engaged as in 2023 and we have confirmed a more comprehensive and strategic approach by encompassing a well-planned, three-month PR strategy. This extended lead time will allow for a more effective and impactful promotion of the event. Some additional support for this campaign in the form of prizes and giveaways for sponsors, key media, radio announcers and social influencers will be sought as required and your assistance, whilst not mandatory, is appreciated as it allows us to maximise festival exposure.
The recommended PR strategy includes:
– Press release/s x 4
– Editorial Pitching – Key Coverage
– Media and Influencer engagement
– Event (on ground) PR
– Post-event impact reporting
Some examples of PR we will be targeting for the festival includes:
• Engaging STM (or equivalent) feature interview and photoshoot
• TV news story/live broadcasts (e.g., weather cross)
• Radio interviews with local personalities, event directors (talkback & ABC)
• Community photo stories
• Online lifestyle articles (Perth is OK!, So Perth, Broadsheet)
• Print and digital event listings and calendars.
• Social pages coverage for events
• Food and wine editorials/interviews
• Tourism and regional media
• Enticing lifestyle features
• Blogger / Influencer outreach
This will be the most comprehensive marketing campaign the festival has seen and will contribute substantially toward elevating the profile of the region and its incredible businesses. All GOLD participating venues will be provided with additional detail around the PR campaign as it becomes available.
Please be mindful that the weather during early May is unpredictable and to ensure that the potential for rain is taken into consideration during event planning. Ticketed guided tours and tastings are also great options to explore to manage numbers and ensure visitorship.
Whilst the chamber is on hand to assist wherever possible, additional individual permits from the City of Kalamunda may apply, i.e. Event Food Stall Permits and these are the responsibility of the venue to secure.
Signage this year will be restricted to what is outlined in the below document and whilst the chamber will make delivery of included signage in the lead up to the event, it will be the responsibility of venues to put these out as required pver the festival.
Whilst we will do our utmost to ensure relevant promo be shared as equally as possible amongst gold venues, it may not always be possible to split individual media promotion pieces. The chamber will nevertheless be as fair as possible in making these decisions.
Organisation of the event will be overseen by Tania @ The Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce and supported by our organisation committee, volunteers and chamber staff.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming patrons at this years Bickley Harvest Festival!