Now in its 16th year the 2022 Outstanding Enterprise Awards (previously called the Business Excellence Awards) is the flagship event on the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce’s annual calendar.
This year we will be less “numbers oriented” and more focused on your passion and what makes you “outstanding.” You might have an outstanding product, vision or team and we want to recognise you.
The Awards recognise success, exceptional skills and innovation within the City of Kalamunda community and represent an opportunity, not only for businesses, but any enterprise, not for profit or individual to share their story, and to showcase their achievements and excellence.
The Awards are a time to acknowledge, recognise and reward the outstanding enterprises and people within our community and to celebrate how we work together to elevate The City of Kalamunda as a thriving environment in which to live and work.
This year, the awards are more customer focused and you will see that the awards are more “sector” rather than “size” related. This means we’ve created awards such as “Trade Specialist of the Year” and “Best Local Product” rather than “Small Business of the Year.”
How To Enter
The entry process is in 3 simple steps:
You can nominate yourself and/or your business or organisation. You can also nominate another person, business or organisation. You can nominate for multiple aware categories. Nomination takes a matter of minutes click the button below and you are underway
Nominations Close on 15 July 2022
Once your nomination has been accepted you will be invited by email to submit your Pitch. The Pitch can be a short video and/or text and photos. The Pitch is a short presentation to the judges and should address:
- How and why you started your enterprise
- Why you or your enterprise is “special”
- Where you hope to see the enterprise in 5 years’ time.
The purpose of the Pitch is to show the passion and purpose behind what you do.
Your Pitch needs to be submitted by 29 July 2022
3. Finalist’s Submission
After judging your Pitch entries, the judges will determine the award category finalists.
Finalists will be notified by email and requested to enter a final submission (via an online form) to determine the winner of each category. In your Finalist’s Submission you will be asked a series of questions to enable you to dive a little deeper into what makes your enterprise unique and what drives you to further success.
Always complete the answers to your submission in Word or Notepad (or similar) prior to cutting and pasting onto the online form. If your Internet connection is lost when you submit, all your hard work can be lost – so be sure to keep a backup copy.
We have designed the questions this year so that it is possible to complete your submission in approximately half a day.
Finalist’s Submissions do not have to be completed in one sitting, you can save the submission and return to it at any time prior to the closure of submissions on and add additional information. Finalist’s Submissions close on 28 August 2020.
Once you have completed and submitted your application it is sent to the judges and cannot be amended.
If you have any questions and for further enquires, please email our manager Judy Houlahan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winning an award can be incredibly beneficial to you, your staff and partners. It sets you apart from your competitors and sends a clear message of excellence to your customers. All finalists will receive a certificate and all winners receive an engraved trophy crafted by a local artist as well as a certificate. Finalists and winners also receive a digital banner website/email signature. The Chamber will also promote all finalists and winners via our various media channels.
Although your Finalist’s Submission must be made online, you are also able to work on it offline as a hard copy. This is useful If several people are working on your submission.
Entry to the 2022 Outstanding Enterprise Awards is open to all entities operating within the City of Kalamunda, including not-for-profit organisations. You need to have been running your operations for at least 12 months to be eligible. Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee Members and staff are only eligible to enter the Panel Judged Awards (awards 1 to 11).
Committee Members can be nominated by third parties for the Sponsors’ Choice Award, The Judges’ Encouragement Award, and The Mayor’s Visionary of the Year Award
You do not need to be a member of the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce to enter the awards. However, the process is entirely without cost for Chamber of Commerce members.
Thursday 16 June 2022 Award Nominations open. Successful nominees will be progressively asked to proceed to step 2: The Pitch
Friday 15 July 2022 Nominations close
Friday 29 July 2022 All Pitches to be completed and submitted by 11:59pm
Monday 1 August 2022 Nominees with successful Pitches will be invited by the judges to complete a Finalist’s Submission
Sunday 28 August 2022 Finalist’s Submissions close at 11:59 pm.
Monday 29 August 2022 Judging process commences.
Monday 5 September 2022 Finalists announced.
Saturday 22 October 2022 Winners announced at the Gala Awards Dinner at The Lesmurdie Club Ballroom commencing at 6:30pm.
For further enquiries, please contact our manager Judy Houlahan at email@example.com
Our panel of judges is selected from various businesses and business support organisations. They are unbiased professionals who volunteer their expertise to judge the submissions.
These judges are bound by a code of conduct and strict confidentiality rules and must declare any conflict of interest prior to the judging process. Judges are not eligible to enter the awards.
Shortlisted finalists in the panel-judged categories and people’s choice awards will be notified in advance of the Gala Award Dinner. All winners will be announced at the Gala Award Dinner. TICKETS GO ON SALE SOON
- Achievements must relate predominantly to the period of 24 months ending on the date of the Award Gala Dinner
- The judges’ decision is final and there will be no correspondence entered into between the judges and entrants
- Entrants may be successful in more than one award category
- If part of your submission consists of video please upload that video to YouTube as a private video and submit the link. Alternatively videos can be uploaded to Dropbox or Google Drive
- Uploaded text files and photographs should be less than 2Mb with photos resized to ensure they are less than 1Mb each
- Finalist’s Submissions must be received no later than 11:59pm on 28 August 2022
- Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee members are only eligible to nominate themselves for the panel-judged awards although they can be nominated by others for other non-panel judged awards
- The judges may decide not to make an award where entries are not of a sufficiently high standard
- Once submitted Pitches and Finalist’s Submissions cannot be amended but they can be withdrawn by contacting the Chamber
Terms & Conditions
- Award submissions are transmitted electronically by nominators to the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce and to the Judges. Although the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce will not further distribute or publish any submission material without permission it is unable to guarantee privacy of material included in the submission
- Applicants will be notified as soon as practicable if their application is judged to be ineligible for any reason
- Nominators indemnify the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce for any direct or indirect losses incurred as a result of their nomination
- Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce is not liable in the event of nomination material being lost during or after submission and nominators should keep a copy of their nominations
- Tickets for the Gala Award Dinner are limited and available on a first come first served basis
- In the event that the Gala Award Dinner is cancelled, other than tickets provided to sponsors on an in-kind basis, all tickets will be refunded in full. Alternative arrangements will be made for the distribution of the award trophies and certificates
You do not need to be a member of the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce to enter the Business Excellence Awards. Entry is free for all Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce Members.
Certain awards are chosen or nominated by our sponsors or, in the case of the Visionary of the Year Award, by the Mayor of the City of Kalamunda. Entities chosen in this way will also be given free entry irrespective of membership.
If you are not a financial member of the Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce and have been nominated, made a successful Pitch and invited to submit a Finalist’s Submission, there is a submission cost of $165 +GST and this amount will be invoiced upon receipt of your Stage 3 Finalist’s Nomination. Non-members’ nominations are passed to the judges upon payment of the entrance fee.
You can join the Chamber HERE